S530 Review and Unboxing | ‎₱120 Bluetooth Earphones




Hey, kumusta? It is me, Mado. In this article, I review the S530 -- super tiny mono earphones! Keep in mind, I bought this priced at 120 Philippine Peso. Is it worth it? Read the article and I will tell you.

Unboxing + Box Overview


S530 Earphone Box
S530 Earphone Box
The S530 came in a cheap box. Information about the device is written around the box. However, I doubt these are accurate. I need to test the device first to verify it.


S530 Earphone Box Front View
S530 Earphone Box Front View


S530 Earphone Box Right Side
S530 Earphone Box Right Side 


S530 Earphone Box Rear View
S530 Earphone Rear Side With Specifications


S530 Earphone Left Side
S530 Earphone Left Side

I was surprised and angry to find the box unsealed when it came to me. I reckon that the seller opened it just to ensure the product is perfectly working. In my opinion, however, this breaks buyer-seller trust. Other than that, overall, the packaging is neat and sturdy enough to keep everything inside safe.

S530 Unboxed
S530 Unboxed
Inside the box, you can find the device itself, a short cable to charge it, and the user's manual. Sadly, the charging cable it comes with is not modern and conventional. 


S530 Earphone Charging Cable
S530 Earphone Charging Cable


S530 Earphone Charging Cable Close Up
S530 Earphone Charging Cable Close Up


S530 Earphone User's Manual
S530 Earphone User's Manual

Physical Overview

The S530 is indeed tiny for a completely wireless headset. It is so small that it can go unnoticed when you are wearing it. It's so amazing how small the device is.

Physically, it looks like Apple's pair of earphones. Cut off the cable, saw some part of it, take just one piece of it. And voila you have the S530! 

The S530 is made entirely of plastic and does feel cheap because it IS cheap.

The device has one button for pause and play, a speaker, a charging port (I believe those which the old Nokias had), and a built-in microphone.

S530 Earphone's Single button for Pause/Play
S530 Earphone's Single button for Pause/Play


S530 Earphone's Speaker and Charging hole
S530 Earphone's Speaker and Charging hole


S530 Earphone Rear Side
S530 Earphone Rear Side


S530 Earphone Microphone Hole
S530 Earphone Microphone Hole

Sound Quality

"How does it sound?", you may ask. From an audiophile standpoint, this thing is horrible! Not only does it produce weak sound volume, but it also has a terrible sound stage! No base at all and treble are below average. It is unsurprising due to how cheap the device is. 

Perhaps, this earphone is targeted towards those with the untrained ears and those who do not mind having an audiophile experience but still want a wireless experience without paying much.

Speaking of experience, how was my general experience with it: Performance-wise and battery life-wise?

Performance and Battery Life

Actually, I had this a while back, counting months now, collecting dust because I was so unsatisfied with its performance. The build quality is subpar, the sound is underwhelming for light music listening, but the battery life? It sucks.

After months of collecting dust, I gave it another chance. I grabbed my power brick, fully charged it, turned it on, paired it, and started listening to music. 

The conclusion? Unsurprisingly, it still sucks. I only managed to listen to music for 10 minutes then it prompted me to charge it. For more than 30 minutes of charging time, merely 10 minutes of use is not worth it at all. 


Conclusion

Answering our question from the start of this video, is it worth it? I bought the device priced at 120 pesos. But the golden question still stands, "Is it worth it?" The obvious answer is NO. I will not recommend you to buy this. Build quality is cheap. The sound quality is horrible. It can get hot while using it. Battery life is the worst! Moreover, the features the box said it has, is not true at all. 

Its range is not 10 meters. I can hear choppy music even when I am just 2 feet or less than a meter apart from my smartphone. Even when my phone is in my bag while I am carrying it, the sound for most of the time cuts off. 

Again, it is not worth it. Save your 120 pesos from buying this piece of junk and try to save more for better quality wireless earphones. 

Watch this if you want it as a video format.

Thank you for finishing the entire article. Stay tuned for more tech reviews. Do you have any suggestion what to review next? You can comment it in the comment section below. Anyway, subscribe to my channel for more tech reviews! Also, tap that like button if you enjoyed the video. If you have any questions, leave it down in the comments section below. 
I will see you in the next one! Paalam!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.